Steps to construct banner:
1. Measure and cut out banner and sleeve.
2. Use Wonder Tape along the outside edges of the banner, fold to crease material, remove paper tape and fold hem. You could also draw a line 1/4" in from the three outside edges to use as a guide for the Wonder Tape.
3. Fold one end of sleeve twice at approximately 1/2" and 1", then stitch closed. This will be the bottom of the sleeve.
4. Fold other end of sleeve over twice, to match banner length; secure with Wonder Tape if desired. Fold sleeve lengthwise in half and crease - do not use Wonder Tape yet.
5. Use Wonder Tape along inside (long) edge of banner on one side of material and remove paper tape. Slightly open sleeve and carefully place one inside edge of the sleeve along the tape. Adjust length of sleeve at top of banner as needed
6. Flip banner to other side and repeat tape and placement of other inside edge of sleeve along the tape.
7. Begin stitching at top of banner - this is one continuous seam. Note: at each turning point, leave the needle in the "down" position to ease turning the material.
8. Done! Take it outside, plant the pole, slip the sleeve over the pole and brighten up the world a little!
- Backstitch first stitch to secure thread
- Sew across top of sleeve to close
- Turn material and stitch down top edge of banner to secure folded hem
- Turn again and stitch down front or outside banner edge to hem
- Turn again and stitch along bottom edge of hem
- Stop at point where sleeve is attached to banner. DON'T STITCH BOTTOM OF SLEEVE CLOSED - you'll never get the pole in!
- Turn one more time and stitch up inside edge of banner securing sleeve and banner together.
- Back stitch last stitch to secure thread. Cut and remove from machine.